The surety business is second nature to Margie. She began her career in the surety industry in 1987 while attending college. Growing up in the business, she acquired a wealth of experience; from working at a small surety agency, to managing a branch office of an MGA, to becoming a surety underwriter for a nationally known company, Reliance/Travelers. Her desire to work directly with contractors to raise the bar on what they should expect out of their bonding relationship led her to leave the company side and join Guignard Company in 2002. She became partner in 2016.
Margie has a deep understanding of the construction and surety industry. She has assisted her clients in expanding, buying or selling their businesses, setting up ESOP’s, and Private Equity arrangements.
Margie thrives on finding the best solution and best outcome to meet her clients’ expectations and business plans. She handles and identifies outcomes quickly so her clients can make informed decisions about their business and bonding matters. Margie spends time educating herself and staying in the forefront of the surety industry. She is often sought out to speak as an industry expert to various construction and trade organizations.
Outside of work, Margie’s personal time is spent with her family, pets, friends, exercising, and leading/facilitating mission work in Cuba and Jamaica.
- MBA in Business, 2000
- Webster University, St. Louis, MO
- BS in Finance with a minor in Marketing, 1990
- Florida Southern College, Lakeland, FL
Licenses and Designations:
- State of Florida 220 License, 1991
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Construction Financial Management Association – National Executive Committee, Central Florida Board Member, National Mentor
- Florida Surety Association – Past Vice President
- Gulf Coast Builders Exchange
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers