Matt joined Guignard Company in 2022. After receiving a degree in Mechanical Engineering, he worked in the construction field for 12 years, primarily for an ENR Top 20 firm with annual revenues above $4B. During that time, he held many roles and learned the different facets of a successful construction company, from management to field operations, estimating to marketing.
Matt then decided to learn the surety business and went to work with The Hartford, a Top 10 carrier, eventually being promoted to Bond Manager of the Florida market. After being exposed to the operations on the construction side, the surety role provided a look under the hood of hundreds of construction companies, giving him more insight into what makes a company successful.
Matt played golf in college and was an Academic All-American during his college career. He still competes in amateur tournaments as his schedule allows. Matt lives in Orlando with his wife and son. They are all sports fanatics playing golf, tennis, baseball, football, etc. If there is a game; they will play it.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Minor in General Business, Florida State University
Licenses and Designations:
- Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding (AFSB)
- State of Florida 2-20 License
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Florida Surety Association
- Foundation for Orange County Public Schools, Committee Chair
- National Association of Surety Bond Producers